A moment in the life of...

"Be Thou My Vision"

Everyday is a new day to gratefully surrender to Jesus. He is my Peace, my Love, my Joy.

Jesus is and will always be Enough.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

BYOP!!!

Bring Your Own Pumpkin started out with Aiden, my 5 year old nephew, protesting the event by sitting in the van. He proceeded to give the stink eye to everyone who walked by. My friend Russ ended up extracating him from the van kicking and screaming. I convinced him to paint a pumpkin Ninja Turtle style:
 
Mama Hignite donated the mask. Shout out to Paul and Quinsey for a fun afternoon.
Aiden and I attended a special business meeting at church to vote on a new Children's Director. TJ Teed is our new Children's Director. I'm excited to see how his life experiences bring new life and energy into our church, our kiddos, and their families.
I'm nervous about any changes he may want to make. My mental stability is rooted in routine. I fully believe we need new focus specifically in reaching out to parents in our community who bring their kids but don't come in the door. Praying for peace as we follow TJ's lead. I'm excited to get to know him and his family and their vision for our children's ministry. Looking forward to the future and how God will use the kiddos we hangout with to impact his Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment